[WEB4LIB] Setting Fonts in Netscape

L. E. Puckett lpuckett at billings.lib.mt.us
Tue Dec 5 17:40:16 EST 2000

Hi, Suzanne!
Part of the problem is, I DON"T WANT 700 Font tags in my HTML. It's
messy, and makes troubleshooting problems a lot harder due to all the
extra clutter. Front Page will put the tags in all right, including
cells that have NO text content whatever! Brain-dead...
Another problem is low end browsers - they don't recognize style sheets
any better than Netscape 1-5.xx. I have a beautiful style sheet for our
basic background, no tiling, looks wonderful - can't use it because most
of our patrons do NOT have IE4/5, or Netscape 6 (which I understand is
still a bit wobbly anyway). They wouldn't see any background at all. I'm
still trying to figure out how to reconcile accessibility issues, lowest
common denominator browsers, HTML versions, etc ad nauseam.
DeeAnn & I have been discussing having 2 separate pages - 1 low tech, 1
high tech, so we could have a page to play with (the high tech) & one
for our patrons that they can see. Double the work, double the fun,
right? :) Figure the odds...

Many thanks for your input, though, I do appreciate it, and all the
others' as well. Keep those cards & letters coming! I still don't have a
solution!

Lynne

--
L.E. Puckett