His competition for the consulting market?...was re. ...don't like Jakob Nielsen - usability guru..

Diane K. Kovacs diane at kovacs.com
Tue Dec 5 14:45:40 EST 2000

Jakob Nielsen is a voice in support of simplicity and access.. and
while I don't agree with everything he says..he sure makes  a lot of
sense in the context of my work.   Using my own advice, I checked up
on just who nublog.nu is and lo and behold they are  " Published by
contenu.nu, a content consultancy in Toronto".   I read their
diatribe against Dr. Nielsen and was taken aback by the
unprofessional and personal attack in the first line.  Further having
read the actual alertbox http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20001001.html
"Content Creation for Average People"

their own material rather than simply consuming content or
distributing copyrighted material. Unfortunately most people are poor
writers and even worse at authoring other media. Solutions include
structured creation, selection-based media, and  teaching content
creation in schools. "

I see no clear relationship between the nastiness perpetrated on
nublog.nu and what Dr. Nielsen really says.   He's not saying that
most people can't produce good content, he's saying they could use
better writing skills.  This is a very different thing.    In another
area of the publication, they question Dr. Nielsen's credentials as
an Internet guru.. well considering he was on when I got online back
in the late 80's I'm pretty sure he qualifies.  See
http://www.useit.com/jakob/ for his background.   No I do not know
Dr. Nielsen personally, though we have corresponded in the past.

Happy Holidays,
Di
who straddles the fence but leans toward the simple and organized.
Diane K. Kovacs - Kovacs Consulting Internet & World Wide Web Training
"Designing and Implementing Web-based Training"
Live Online Web-based Workshop: January  10, 17, 24, 2001
diane at kovacs.com   - http://www.kovacs.com