[WEB4LIB] listserver settings to reject postings with attachments

Elizabeth A Reiten/lib/Okstate reitene at okstate.edu
Mon Dec 4 14:03:45 EST 2000

My one concern about having the system automatically reject postings with
attachments is that a number of people on what I like to call "alternate"
email systems (non-Outlook) often have their sig files come through as
attachments if everyone's settings are not exactly correct.  Would this
reject postings from these folks also?

Beth Reiten, Librarian
Digital Library Services
Edmon Low Library
Oklahoma State University
Phone: 405-744-9109
Email: reitene at okstate.edu

                    "Marcia S.
                    Middleton"                To:     Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at webjunction.org>
                    <middlem at uhls.lib.        cc:     (bcc: Elizabeth A Reiten/lib/Okstate)
                    ny.us>                    Subject:     [WEB4LIB] listserver settings to reject postings with attachments
                    Sent by:
                    web4lib at sunsite.be
                    rkeley.edu

                    12/04/00 12:39 PM
                    Please respond to
                    middlem

I would support such an action, as it would reduce the 'hassle factor'.

Marcia Middleton