Replacement for "Crawford's Corner" now available

Walt_Crawford at notes.rlg.org Walt_Crawford at notes.rlg.org
Mon Dec 4 14:01:44 EST 2000

The final edition of "Crawford's Corner" appears in the December 2000
Library Hi Tech News--with a 3-month lag between what I wrote and when
you'll see it, as usual.

I am pleased to announce the availability (for free: this isn't an ad) of
my new experimental digitally-distributed "newsletter" on libraries,
technology, media, and stuff:

Cites & Insights: Crawford at Large
It's like Crawford's Corner, only fresher (2-3 day lag between final copy
and "publication"), bigger (the first edition is 24 print pages, but future
editions should be around 12-16 pages), even broader-ranging,
and--unfortunately--not as well edited. Did I mention that it's free?

The December 2000 issue includes an introduction, six mini-essays on
current trends, three months of PC Values, eight "cites" (articles worth
reading), eight other articles used as springboards for commentary, eleven
snarky discussions of specific products, "the convergence chronicles", and
a review watch summarizing 27 review articles in 13 categories.

Cites & Insights: Crawford at Large is available at
http://cical.home.att.net
or indirectly from my general Web site at http://walt.crawford.home.att.net

You will need Acrobat Reader 4, which is freely downloadable (there's a
pointer on the cical page); the newsletter is designed for printing.

Apologies for mild cross-posting: a similar note will be sent to PACS-L,
and I welcome any redistribution by interested parties!