[WEB4LIB] Re: Is it Netscape or is it the computer

Araby Greene araby at unr.edu
Fri Dec 1 11:51:52 EST 2000

It's probably both. We had this problem (when I was at another lib) a year
or so ago, with an ATI Rage II video card and NT4. When ATITECH finally
upgraded the video driver, we installed it and the problem went away. The
cause was an incompatibility between NS and the NT video driver in
displaying transparent gifs. For a time, we had to remove all transparency
from graphics on the home page, but other Web sites displayed transparent
gifs as black blobs. Refreshing the screen did not always solve the problem,
but upgrading the driver did.

Hope this helps,
Araby Greene
Araby Greene