[WEB4LIB] Re: Powering down PCs

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Thu Aug 31 16:30:02 EDT 2000

> Desktop | Properties | Screensaver
> If the monitor is energystar compliant, the bottom of that panel
> should show you the relevant options.  Same works in Win2k.

Win2k apparently comes out of the box with a much more up-to-date set of
monitor drivers than NT4.  I never knew that my NEC monitor was
EnergyStar compliant until I upgraded and found my PC turning it off
while I was in meetings.  I suppose it's an object lesson in
periodically checking for new drivers for everything, but it's one of
those nice little things I like about Windows 2000.

Thomas ("Plus, It Comes With Palatino") Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu