No subject

Adele M. Skau amskau at pacbell.net
Thu Aug 31 13:53:32 EDT 2000

Hello, All. Here at our library we offer Internet access to the public. I have two different ways that I've secured the profiles the public is using (using Windows NT 4.0 Server/Workstation). I know in the long run it's the same thing...just two different ways of accomplishing the same thing. One setup was done by modifying the registry directly, the other using .adm files via the Policy Editor.

In both situations I have limited access to any of of the drives on the computer except the "a" drive. My problem is that I'm trying to give access to some CDROM titles on the secured desktop but when I log on using the secured logon the system cannot see the mapped drives and I get error messages saying it cannot find the data CD. When I'm logged on as administrator all is well, of course.

What I was wondering is if anyone has done this at their library and if you can either give me the settings I need to set in the registry to allow the heavily secured profile to have access to the mapped drives without their being visible in "My computer", or what settings I need to add to the Policy Editor via an .adm file?

Any ideas would be appreciated! :-)

Adele

Adele M. Skau

Library Technician