Problems with page validation

Robert Sullivan SCP_SULLI at sals.edu
Wed Aug 30 15:39:58 EDT 2000

Many thanks to Robin Zalben, Charles Gimon and Thomas Dowling for their
assistance in solving my pesky validation problems.  I love this list!

To answer Tom's question

>If it was me, I wouldn't add the logo--what does it mean to the majority
>of your users anyway?  But then, if it was me, I wouldn't use a counter
>like this either.

I get enough satisfaction from having my pages validate that it's OK if only a
few other people appreciate what it means.

As far as the counter goes, I like getting e-mailed results which I can read
into FoxPro for some analysis.  I don't obsess over the numbers; it's more out
of interest to see if certain time-consuming projects are worth the effort I
have put into them, and this gives me a sense of what patrons are interested
in.  I'm open to suggestions for better counters, but this has served well
enough that I haven't felt the need to ask the local ISP who gives us free
space to provide detailed logs.

Thanks again!

Bob Sullivan                               scp_sulli at sals.edu
Schenectady County Public Library (NY)     http://www.scpl.org