[WEB4LIB] Job Posting: Manager of Instructional Support Services & Web

Charles P. Hobbs chhobbs at cdrewu.edu
Tue Aug 29 13:32:16 EDT 2000

http://www.usatoday.com/life/cyber/tech/review/crh452.htm

It seems that not only several copyright professors, but the
Association of American Physicians and Surgeons support the
Napster model, if not necessarily the business itself.

AAPS' reasoning, though, seems more than a little "paranoid" to me, though:

"What if the owner of Ritalin asserted its intellectual property rights, and
demanded that Yahoo! only provide authorized links on Ritalin? The outcome
would be that of criticism of the use of Ritalin would be effectively
silenced,'' the association wrote. "

Could such a thing happen? Generally, the courts have sided with those who
criticize products (Consumer Reports, etc). I'm not holding myself out as
and expert in these laws, though.

--
Charles P. Hobbs
King Drew Health Science Library