[WEB4LIB] RE: 404 page -> hooray for Harvey Mudd College

John Creech creechj at mumbly.lib.cwu.edu
Mon Aug 28 04:49:12 EDT 2000

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, Roy Tennant wrote:

> Rich mentions leaving the bad URL in the browser's "Location" box, so
> the user can chop back the url, or correct a typo, etc. That is also
> easily done by reflecting the URL in a form field that they can edit
> and then hit the "Go" button to go there. You can see this at
> http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/foo .

Thanks for posting this, Roy, and what novel and excellent ideas for the
404 page.  Sorry, but we'll have to shamelessly copy you here at CWU. You
continue to be hue too bad.

John Creech
Electronic Resources & Systems Librarian
Central Washington University Library
400 E. 8th Ave. | Ellensburg, WA 98926 |
office - 509-963-1081 || fax - 509-963-3684
creechj at www.lib.cwu.edu