Logging on via card reader

Mack Lundy malund at mail.wm.edu
Mon Aug 28 11:53:30 EDT 2000

If you are also on LIBNT-L, forgive the cross-posting.  I decided to post
here also after the fact.

We need to require authentication for our public web stations (all Windows
2000).  Since our target population all have ID cards with mag stripes, we
want to explore the posibility of using card readers on each machine to log
in.  For the general public, we would have guest cards available for
check-out.  Our profiles are maintained on the college's master domain
controllers.

Has anyone tried or researched using card readers in this way?

Thanks

Mack

Mack Lundy
Systems Librarian
Swem Library, College of William and Mary
Voice:  757.221.3114     Fax:  757.221.2635
email:  malund at wm.edu