Library Promotional Screen Savers

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Sat Aug 26 15:22:02 EDT 2000

                     _ Library Promotional Screen Savers_

   Earlier this month, I posted a series of items relating to Library Promotional Banner Pages and have developed a registry for such  called _Banarama(sm)_ at

[ http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/Banarama.htm ] .

_Banarama(sm)_ is "a categorized listing of library or library-related Web sites that use banner 'ads', or scrawling or scrolling messages, to promote library collections, resources, or services."

   In thinking about other ways that library collections, resources, and services might be promoted it occurred to me that *screen savers* on library workstations are / would be another potentially effective way for promotion.
I am greatly interested in learning about libraries that use screen savers to promote their collections, resources, and services.

***   I'd be particularly interested in receiving the screen saver file for a future
registry ****  [Now what should this registry be called?  Hmm....]

   As Always, Any and All contributions, queries, comments, compliments, complaints, cosmic insights, etc, etc, etc, are Most Welcome!

Gerry McKiernan
Promotional Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

         "The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Screen It"
                           With Apologies (AGAIN) to Alan Kay