Internet in Childrens' department

Lin Light holight at lakeland.lib.mi.us
Thu Aug 17 09:32:34 EDT 2000

I would like to hear from Libraries that have multi-level structures
where the Childrens' Department has its' own Internet Area.  We are in a
new structure and I'm in favor of setting up Internet workstations
geared strictly for, say 4th graders and lower in the Upper Level's
Childrens area.  Right now all of our stations (8) are in one area, on
the Main Level between Adult Reference and our Michigan Collection.  The
traffic and configuration is such that it is not conducive for
unattended young users.  Or for that matter parents with young ones in
tow.
Our new library is about 71K sqft. with three levels.  A/V and
Childrens' on the Upper Level, Main Level has Reference, Circ Dept.,
Adult Collections and Genealogy. Lower Level is Adm and T.S. and
Automation.
Lin

--
Lin Light