New Books at Baker: New Book Titles Linked to eBookseller Reviews

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Sat Aug 12 17:35:19 EDT 2000

     _New Books at Baker: New Book Titles Linked to eBookseller Reviews_

   In response to my recent posting relating to the linking of book citations from a course Web guide to the Amazon.com record for the title,  I have learned that the Baker Library at the Harvard Business School through its 'Books at Baker"  service

                  [ http://www.library.hbs.edu/bakerbooks/ ]

                 [ http://www.library.hbs.edu/bakerbooks/recent/]

not only provides access to a categorzied listing of new books in its collection [http://www.library.hbs.edu/bakerbooks/recent/August/ ] but also links the citation for each book to the associated record of fatbrain.com,

another eBookseller
[e.g., http://www.library.hbs.edu/bakerbooks/recent/August/IT.shtml ]

    This is a most impressive service that I believe not only benefits the HBS community but others who seeks access to an organized, selected collection of quality monographs in the fields of business, management, and many other related fields.

     I'd be very interested in learning of similar efforts by libraries of any type to provide linked access for selected library titles to associated records in any and all eBooksellers.

/Gerry McKiernan
Amazon-like Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011