[WEB4LIB] Banner Page Generators

Jeff Burns jeffb at eauclaire.lib.wi.us
Thu Aug 10 09:07:52 EDT 2000

Beware of the "Third Party" banner software.  Use of cookies by users/creators of this software could come back to "haunt" you.  You can easily set up your own banners with scripts which can be placed on your own site(server).
>>> "Gerry Mckiernan" <GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu> 08/09/00 04:44PM >>>
                             _ Banner Page Generators_

    Now that I have piqued  [peaked ? {:-)] your interest in the potential value of using banner 'ads' to promotion library resources, collections, and services, I return to entice you to explore creating your own promotional banner pages of your very own [:-)].

    The Quick and Dirty Way to start is to make use of Banner Generators.
A searchi in Yahoo under 'Banner Generator' will retrieve hundreds.
A search of 'banner animated' retrieved two sites that permit that creation of free animated banner GIFS/images. These are

     Animation Online [http://www.web-animator.com/ ]
and
    MediaBuilder [ http://www.mediabuilder.com/abm.html ]

   I used each of these to create 'trial' banners for BANaRAMa(sm)
at [ http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/Banarama.htm]

   There is a top banner and a bottow banner at the site
[Please be kind this is my first effort [:-)]

    Do give bannering a try [and do keep good taste in mind {->]

    Banner - On!

/Gerry McKiernan
BanaMan
Iowa State University