[WEB4LIB] Web content managers

Tara Calishain calumet at Mindspring.com
Tue Aug 8 15:54:00 EDT 2000

At 12:46 PM 8/8/2000 -0700, Dan Marmion wrote:
>I've just learned that the university is considering entering into an
>agreement with a "Web content management" company.  Specifically, they
>are looking at Vignette, Interwoven, and BroadVision.  I don't have
>many details at the moment, and I don't know anything about these
>companies.  Has anybody in Web4Lib land looked into this type of
>provider?  What will the implications be for the library if the
>university goes this way?  I have a sinking feeling in my gut that
>this is not the best choice for us.  I don't have a whole lot of time
>to gather information, and I'm hoping some of you on this list can
>save me some time.

Dan and everybody else,

Cameron B. of CamWorld has started a mailing list specifically for the
dicussion of content management packages. You can sign up for the
list at http://www.camworld.com/cms/ .

This page also includes a table of the many types of packages available
(including, of course, the three you mentioned.)

Tara
ResearchBuzz.com