Free Access to IT Knowledge Academic Edition

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Fri Aug 4 11:31:10 EDT 2000

                _Free Access to IT Knowledge Academic Edition_

   I have learned that ITKnowledge.com has / is planning to offer an academic  version of its ITKnowledge.com , the service that offers
access to the full-text of trade books in computer science
[http://www.itknowledge.com/ ].

             Free access to the Academic Edition will be available until
August 15 2000 from the following site http://corpitk.earthweb.com
using the following logon information [User name: MU1  Password: 7q7q7q (if required)] General information on the Academic edition is available at
http://academic.itknowledge.com/ ]

             I have not received a quote from the company but learned today  that PALINET has negotiated a rate of $0.42/FTE for its members
[ http://www.palinet.org/services/purchasing/eirvendors/itknowledge.htm ].

            IT Knowledge.com is a most impressive service with a remarkable
collection of computer books. I highly recommend taking advantage of the free access before it ends.

/Gerry McKiernan
Science and Technology Librarian and Bibliographer
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu