Index Server in IIS - content divisions

Bret Parker BPARKER at STOCKTON.LIB.CA.US
Fri Apr 28 16:57:51 EDT 2000

Is it possible to configure Index Server to maintain a separate index for part
of a web page? We provide maintenance to a City Hall web server. The clerk is
creating html mark up of the Municipal Code and adding it to the City's
webpage. We only have one webserver dedicated to the City's webpage. It is
running IIS 4.0. We have a search our site feature that searches all the City's
webpage. We want to exclude the Municipal Code from those searches, but provide
a query mechanism from within the Municipal Code for searching it alone.

Ideas? We can get creative on this one. Our main limitation at this point is
that there is only one web server, one url, and one platform.

Even a recommendation of a good book on the Index Server portion of IIS would
be welcome.

Bret Parker
Stockton-San Joaquin County Public Library
Stockton, California