PLA Tech Notes

GraceAnne A. DeCandido ladyhawk at well.com
Fri Apr 28 11:25:19 EDT 2000

4/28/2000
Dear folk:
Last year I wrote nine Tech Notes for the Public Library
Association. These were Web-based documents, 1500-2000
words, on technical topics of interest to the public library
community (see titles and URLs below). This year PLA has
hired me to write three additional ones (more on that anon)
and to review and update last year’s.
I have just completed the revision and review, updating
links, clearing up some typos, etc. The Filtering Tech Note
and the Metadata Tech Note have the most extensive
revisions.
I hope you find these useful, and I would appreciate knowing
if you do.
GraceAnne
Blue Roses Consulting ~ Writing ?~ Editorial ?~ Web
Content
GraceAnne A. DeCandido   350 E. 236th St.   Bronx, NY
10470-2104
718/994-7794  Fax 718/994-9851    ladyhawk at well.com
http://www.well.com/user/ladyhawk/gadhome.html

PLA Tech Notes: http://www.pla.org/technoteindex.html

Filtering: No Easy Answers
http://www.pla.org/technotes/filtering.html

Digital Disaster Planning: When Bad Things Happen to
Good Systems
http://www.pla.org/technotes/disaster.html

Push Technology: Pushed to the Brink
http://www.pla.org/technotes/push.html

Wireless Networks: Unplugged, and Play
http://www.pla.org/technotes/wireless.html

Electronic Statistics: Counting Crows
http://www.pla.org/technotes/electronicstats.html

Video Teleconferencing: Here, There, and Everywhere
http://www.pla.org/technotes/videoconferencing.html

Intranets: The Web Inside
http://www.pla.org/technotes/intranet.html

Metadata: Always More Than You Think