Naming a library's web presence

Gregory Sennema GSENNEMA at calvin.edu
Thu Apr 20 16:28:46 EDT 2000

Greetings.

We in our library are currently debating some issues surrounding our
web presence (www.calvin.edu/library/).  Specifically, I am curious to
know if libraries choose to refer to their web presence by a different
name, e.g., The Hekman Library (alongside) The Hekman Digital Library.
This particular issue will become more important as we will soon acquire
a digital media server, providing our patrons with increasing amounts of
digital information alongside our print information.

Individual suggestions would be appreciated; better yet, has anyone
compiled a list of library names and their online equivalents?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Greg Sennema
Digital Resources Librarian
Hekman Library
Calvin College and Calvin Theological Seminary
3207 Burton St SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
tel: (616) 957-8455
fax: (616) 957-6470