help updating tables

Jacqueline Lesch jlesch at wahoo.sjsu.edu
Tue Apr 18 22:04:53 EDT 2000

Sorry if this has been covered. I need help finding a better way to
update tables.
We are using tables to provide site navigation. Basically, the same
table with navigation links is used on just about every page of the
website. You can imagine the updating problem associated with adding a
link, deleting a link, or changing a URL: every page which contains the
table must be updated.

Is there a better way to update this table throughout? It would be nice
to have this table exist in one place and referenced on the rest of the
pages so that it only needs to be updated once. We are not currently
using a website management tool, but I'm open to this suggestion. I
looked at CSS's, but that seems to deal more with layout/design (font
color etc.) than table content. I also looked at databinding, using TDC
(Microsoft Active X control), but that seems like overkill for what I
want to do. Is there something simple that I'm just overlooking?

Suggestions and comments are appreciated!
Thanks.

Jacqueline Lesch
Technology Administrator
San Jose State University
E-MAIL: lesch at wahoo.sjsu.edu
VOICE: (714) 278-7234   FAX: (714) 278-5841

"Only dead fish swim with the stream all the time."
                                -Linda Ellerbee
                                 Journalist/Author