[WEB4LIB] Apache Question

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Fri Apr 14 15:49:35 EDT 2000

Regardless of where Apache is installed, you can make the document root
(the directory that corresponds to a URI of "/") any place on your
machine.

In httpd.conf, look for the DocumentRoot directive.  It should read:

DocumentRoot /wherever/your/pages/really/live

See http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#documentroot

If you're new to Apache, you'll benefit from its excellent documentation
and also from the O'Reilly Apache book.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu