[WEB4LIB] Observations on Netscape 6

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Thu Apr 6 16:10:17 EDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Kambitsch" <kambitsch at DAYTON.LIB.OH.US>

> For those of you who might be interested, Netscape 6 has a new approach
> creating the menus and other elements of the browser user interface.
They call
> it XUL.  By using a text editor and modifying XML files you can add,
remove and
> relocate menu and other interface items.

XUL is both seriously cool and seriously powerful.  I'm certain that
someone here will use it to turn Mozilla into a public workstation browser
that reflects this list's combined experience and expertise in running
library-use browsers.

In the meantime, give yourself a treat and dump the default skin, which no
one seems to like.  Get Aphrodite from
http://www.alphanumerica.com/projects/mozilla/skins/aphrodite/ or any of
the other skins at the mozillazine.org ChromeZone.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu