[WEB4LIB] Re: MouseOvers menus

Bailey, Katrina kbailey at UMHB.edu
Mon Apr 3 16:52:18 EDT 2000

Or, if you like, just pick one or the other. One type of user will get the
mouseovers, no one else will. Will their absence seriously affect
navigation? It didn't when I tried it out. But then, as Thomas points out,
if their absence isn't missed, then why are they there? (I know, it's neat,
it works, and it's mostly useful).

Our IT department specifies not only which products we use, but also  which
versions they currently support. If you run something else, you can, but
they won't support it (official line - if they have the time, they are good
about working with you). I'm not saying librarians should become oblivious
to user support, but sometimes it comes down to a cost-benefit analysis:
what will support the most users in the most efficient way?

Katrina Bailey
Serials/Online Services Librarian
University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
kbailey at umhb.edu <mailto:kbailey at umhb.edu>