[WEB4LIB] Re: XHTML Example

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Mon Apr 17 13:26:36 EDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Guy Teasdale" <Guy.Teasdale at bibl.ulaval.ca>
To: "Multiple recipients of list" <web4lib at webjunction.org>
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2000 1:03 PM
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Re: XHTML Example

> Interesting to see a so fully standards compliant page
> It loads completely in Internet Explorer 5 and Netscape 6 but fails to
load
> the small search box in Netscape 4.7, Opera 4.0 Beta 1 and Amaya
>
> The <iframe> element in this portion of code is causing the problem :
> <iframe align="right" src="search.html" frameborder="0" width="170"
> height="225" noresize="noresize">

Opera 4.0b is something of a disappointment.  Despite Opera promising for
a year and a half that it would support HTML 4 when it came, it lacks
support for much of what was added in HTML 4.  IFRAME is one element it
doesn't support, at least not through beta 3.

(BTW, I'm sure that Michael is aware that the search.html page is totally
unusable with JavaScript disabled, and that he's adding a useful NOSCRIPT
to it. :-)  )

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu