[WEB4LIB] Printing charges

Luis Domingues lfd at libri.ucp.pt
Thu Apr 13 12:29:35 EDT 2000

We have developed a program to manage users prints. I'm sending the
descrition

This is a client-server program for controlling public terminal printouts.
It is made of three modules: server, client (which must be run from the
public terminal) and manager (which can create/delete/change users).
This program has been tested in Windows NT 4.0 Workstation/Server and two HP
laser printers (non-postscript), but should work with any printer (in NT
OS).
It doesn't require additional hardware, besides the client computer (which
runs printclient), the server computer (which runs printserver) and the
printer, of course.
One of the features are encrypted communications between the modules and it
"should" work across a WAN. We are currently using this program, but it's
not available for download yet.
If you need more information on this program, please send an e-mail to
lfd at libri.ucp.pt, stating your intentions and the type of institution.

Luis Filipe F. F. Domingues                   E-Mail: lfd at libri.ucp.pt
Biblioteca Universitária João Paulo II        Home Page:
http://www.libri.ucp.pt/
Universidade Católica Portuguesa              Tel: +351 21 7214019
Palma de Cima                                 Fax: +351 21 7214010
1600 Lisboa
Portugal