[WEB4LIB] Re: Script to configure browser for proxy?

Stephen Treger stephen.treger at sdsu.edu
Wed Apr 5 11:51:12 EDT 2000

A followup after all the responses.

First, the basis for that script was borrowed (as most great web content
is). The reference to a .jar file is non-relevant.  Feel free to edit your
own proxy site and port numbers and use the script.  I never wrote one for
IE, but you might try looking at some of the major ISP sites (@HOME, AOL,
etc., I believe this script originated from Yahoo! which quickly got out of
the proxy cache business).

As for external authentication with the Ezproxy product, please go to the
web site and see what is offerred. The author is very in touch with Library
needs. You can authenicate via POP3, FTP, and some other methods. We have a
III system with the Patron Authentication API module. We then use a perl
script (from the author) to auth off the III system.

Works great, now all we need is a SSL layer connection when asking for ID
numbers which is in the works.

WWW http://fezzik.sdsu.edu		| mailto:treger at sdsu.edu