[WEB4LIB] Collecting statistics for electronic resources

Marjorie Bethune bethunem at mpl.on.ca
Thu Sep 30 11:53:05 EDT 1999

Hello,

We use the menu software, WINU, to collect stats for both the CD-ROMs and
those PCs that have the Internet browser tied down to some online databaes
- it provides how many times a specific product was accessed.  It will also
provide time I think although we don't use that in our statistical reports.
 For the online databases such as EbscoHOST, Ebsco provides a report
monthly that we use for the number of searches.  We now use these stats for
the Library Board report.

At 07:07 PM 1999/09/28 -0700, rtoohey at slv.vic.gov.au wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>How does your library collect statistics for electronic products - such as
>CD-Roms and online databases?
>
>What statistic/ s  are you collecting? - hits, time, searches etc?
>

>Cheers
>
>Rebecca
>
>Rebecca Toohey
>Project Officer
>Libraries Online
>State Library of Victoria
>328 Swanston Street
>Melbourne VIC 3000
>Ph   613 9669 9808
>Fax 613 9669 9958
>Email rtoohey at slv.vic.gov.au

Marjorie Bethune
Co-Ordinator, Systems/Technical Services
Milton Public Library
45 Bruce St.
Milton, Ontario
L9T 2L5