GILS and MARC

Bigwood, David Bigwood at lpi.jsc.nasa.gov
Thu Sep 30 09:29:04 EDT 1999

I have a need to change GILS XML records into MARC.  I've been looking
at a product, Data Magician, but it does not seem able to do this.  Is
anyone out there reformatting GILS records into MARC.  Moving the other
direction might be useful as well, anyone doing that?

To serve the GILS records on the Web we are looking at the Advanced
Search Facility (ASF).  Is anyone else using this?  Would you be willing
to share some suggestions? Any other suggestions (cheap)?

Would there be a better list for these questions, I do not know of a
list for GILS.

Thanks,
David Bigwood
bigwood at lpi.jsc.nasa.gov