DMoz stuff?

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Wed Sep 29 10:17:33 EDT 1999

Is anyone doing anything clever with material from the Open Directory
Project (www.dmoz.org)?  It seems like it ought to be a way to put instant
Internet guides on your site.  Just ftp it, gunzip it, and run it
through...uh...some good XML parser and search engine?  Anyone?

I have played around a little with the Personal Open Directory script, but
I doubt it would scale well and I'm dubious about the long-term viability
of a product that's really just screen-scraping directory.netscape.com.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu