Internet Working Skills Survey

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Mon Sep 27 12:03:28 EDT 1999

Posted on behalf of Rita Vine <rita at imr.on.ca>, do not reply to me.
Roy

Apologies for the cross-postings to several library discussion lists.

Dear List members:

My name is Rita Vine and I'm a professional librarian and Internet trainer
based in Toronto Canada.

I'd like to invite you to take a survey  titled the Internet Working Skills
Survey.  This survey is intended to measure how you use the Internet, how
important the Internet is in your work, and to identify any barriers that
get in the way of effective Internet access in your workplace.  The survey
will only take about 5 minutes to complete.  You can find the link to the
survey at the home page of IMR Internet Training:  http://www.imr.on.ca/

MORE INFO:  Results from this survey will be used in the development of
several upcoming papers and library conference presentations.  The idea for
a survey came up because as trainers, we noticed that in training courses,
library staff seemed to respond to and use the Internet differently than
other user communities.  The survey will serve as a starting point to allow
us to compare and contrast responses from library users with those from
other industries, in order to see how our hunches hold up.

Thank you!

Rita Vine, MA, MLS
IMR Internet Training
Toronto Canada