[WEB4LIB] WordPerfect to PDF Conversion

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Fri Sep 24 17:46:12 EDT 1999

> We recently installed Adobe Acrobat 4.0 on our network.  We are using
> WordPerfect 7 mostly, although one staff member has WP9.  When I save (or
> "print") my wordperfect file to the Adobe PDF Writer and view it in Adobe
> Acrobat, the page breaks are always slightly off.  Am I doing something
> wrong?  Is there a way to fix this?

Changing print drivers will repaginate the document.  When you choose print
to the PDF Writer, WP (and Word) will first repaginate the document (causing
the page shifting you mentioned) then create the Acrobat file.

I've found that if I select the PDF Writer as the printer first, do any
formatting 'cleanup' (like adding a line here or there so paragraphs fall on
the pages properly), then print, the results are much better.

- Darryl

  Darryl Friesen, B.Sc.                        Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
  Programmer/Analyst                            http://gollum.usask.ca/
  Consulting & Development, Computing Services
  University of Saskatchewan                   "The Truth Is Out There"