[WEB4LIB] Word

Bob Rasmussen ras at anzio.com
Thu Sep 16 14:00:25 EDT 1999

On Thu, 16 Sep 1999, Paul Deane wrote:

> Hope this not off-topic.  We have work stations that offer various programs
> in addition to Internet access.  For the Internet I have figured ways to
> reset the preferences every time someone logs out of Netscape.  I need to
> do the same thing for Microsoft Word.  People tend to change margins,
> toolbars available, etc.  It would be nice to have them reset to the
> initial settings when the program is closed.

I'm probably "talking through my hat" here, but...

I believe part of Microsoft's current strategy is to compartmentalize
preference settings by user, even to the point where a user can move to
another PC on the network and have preferences follow them quite easily. I
also believe that this strategy has been implemented in the Office 2000 suite.
If so, you may find that the easiest path technically (if not financially)
would involve upgrading to Office 2000.

--
Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: ras at anzio.com
 company e-mail: rsi at anzio.com or sales at anzio.com or support at anzio.com
 ftp://ftp.anzio.com               voice: 503-624-0360
http://www.anzio.com                 fax: 503-624-0760