Computer Sign-In

Marv Kaminsky mkaminsky at JSCC.CC.TN.US
Thu Sep 9 17:24:17 EDT 1999

Please forgive the cross-posting.

In the year I've been here, we've probably used the equivalent of several forests' worth of trees for computer sign-in sheets.
Every night, one gets taped down next to each of 21 computers.

While names really aren't important, we do need to know if the user is a student here, at other schools in town, a community
patron, etc., for stats the boss waves in front of someone.

     Is there a computer version of this? Something import-able to Excel??
     Maybe something that also greets them with a screen showing rules,
                  and lets the user know when 30 minutes have flown by?

Ideally, it *wouldn't* be something that prevents someone from using the computer ("You must be a student...or go ask the
small, busy staff for help to get on"), but simply makes them answer a few questions first, starts a timer, and records the stats.

Tnx for your help,
-M!
"They ain't gonna care that you know,
   until they know that you care."