[WEB4LIB] Graphics Questions

David Merchant merchant at bayou.com
Fri Sep 3 13:01:07 EDT 1999

At 09:47 AM 9/3/1999 -0700, jay wrote:
>Hello Ladies and Gentlemen:
>
>I would like to know if anyone has ever taken a color photograph in
>either .jpeg or some other format and converted it to a black and white
>image. I have heard that Adove Streamline does that. ...Unfortunate,

LView Pro, shareware, can do it very very easily!  Most any simple graphics
program allows you to change the color depth of an image, including
changing and saving it in greyscale (as well as black and white, though
most graphic editors will understand that as two colors: black and white,
no greys.  Greyscale includes black, white and grey).

TTFN,
David
Systems Librarian, Louisiana Tech University
javascript list administrator <www.mountaindragon.com/javascript/>
HTML Live Examples webmaster <www.mountaindragon.com/html/>
Personal Page <www.mountaindragon.com/merchant/>