Screen Resolution Settings

Spencer Gasson spenceruk at freeuk.com
Sun Sep 5 06:52:09 EDT 1999

I'm having to do a bit of rear-guard action on this one as we don't have any
policy (shocking I know) on who our web pages should be designed for (I'm
working on it don't worry).  Basically I'm drafting a new section of the site
which has been based around the majority of users having either the small or
medium resolution settings on their monitor.

Trouble is the people the section is for have a really high resolution and want the
site looking nice on their computer... a lot of it is within tables scaled by %
and so will completely screw up if written specifically for a high resolution and
then viewed on a lower resolution.

I have some stats on people who've been looking at sections of the  site but has
anyone come across any statistics or research about how many people have each
resolution generally on the 'Net? I've tried a few search engines but not come up
with anything really useful as yet...

Spencer