[WEB4LIB] RE: Indexing a Local Newspaper Index on the Web

Tara Calishain calumet at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 20 12:15:43 EDT 1999

At 09:08 AM 10/20/99 -0700, Mark Ellis wrote:
>Tony,
>
>We have gone the route of publishing one of the local papers on our site and
>are using MS Index Server to make it searchable.
>
>It lacks the benefits of field specific indexes, but it's simple to
>maintain.
>
>Current issue: http://www.rpl.richmond.bc.ca/community/RichmondReview/
>
>Search page: http://www.rpl.richmond.bc.ca/community/RichmondReview/Archive/

Just out of curiosity, would you consider using a third-party solution to
index your
stuff?

I use Atomz.com for some of my things (not affiliated, just impressed) and
I really
like the number of different types of searches you can do. You can do field
searches
(even search by alt text, title tags, body text, meta tags, etc.) exclude
certain search
words, set up multiple search indexes (you could have a search engine for
the complete
index and then separate engines for each year of publications, etc.)

Anyway, I really like it. http://www.atomz.com/

Best,

Tara

Finding you great Internet research resources--
free weekly newsletter!
http://www.researchbuzz.com