[WEB4LIB] multi language support

Sara Brownmiller snb at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Fri Oct 8 19:52:12 EDT 1999

We did install a variety of non-Roman fonts on public workstations last
spring.  We offer both Netscape and IE on our public workstations.  The
setup for IE was much easier than for Netscape, which involved more
testing and tracking down fonts which could be used. It was our experience
that not all of the Microsoft fonts worked with Netscape.

We also provide a set of Tips pages for patrons, and librarians, to assist
in changing the encoding.  If you are interested you can see these at
http://libweb.uoregon.edu/systems/pubterms/help/font.html.  The Tips are
an icon that is always available on the desktop.

Sara

Sara Brownmiller			snb at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Systems/Women's Studies Librarian	541/346-2368
University of Oregon Library		541/346-3485 (fax)
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR  97403-1299