[WEB4LIB] Stripped down IE wanted

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Mon Oct 18 13:32:48 EDT 1999

Tony,

Actually, it would be easier in Netscape with 4.08 stand-alone running in
Superkiosk mode.  Since you already have CP running in the background,
you've handled the limiting access portion.  Now, you just need to
configure the browser to your liking.

See the following page to get started:
http://northville.lib.mi.us/tech/netscape.html

First, follow the instructions on how to set up Superkiosk mode.  This
creates a browser with no toolbars and no menu bars - a patron can only
exit the browser.  If you want to add in the toolbar, follow the
directions on the basic "kiosk" page on how to specify your own toolbars.
Voila!  You can have a browser with a tool bar but no "file" menu.  The
Search and MyNetscape buttons should be disabled by CP making this a very
clean and tight installation.

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library