ProQuest scripts on NT w/IIS

Bob Long bob at mail.esrl.lib.md.us
Mon Nov 29 09:42:22 EST 1999

Web4Lib,

Has anyone been able to successfully install and run the patron
authentication scripts from ProQuest on NT with IIS 3.0?

I've installed these for several of our member libraries on our Apache
server with no problems, but we have one library running NT and it's giving
me fits.

So far I have gone to the ProQuest site, created the scripts and downloaded
them. I have also downloaded and installed ActivePerl on the NT server.
After that I edited the scripts to point to the appropriate directory on NT
that contains the perl executable. But now when I try to access the
ipcheck.pl script, it gives me a "CGI error" message and complains about
the script not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

Is there something else that needs to be configured for these to run on NT?
I've tried to check all of the obvious things; permissions, file
extensions, etc. All seem correct.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bob Long, Eastern Shore Regional Library, Inc.
Automation Technical Assistant
410 742 1537	(v)
410 548 5807	(fx)
bob at esrl.lib.md.us