[WEB4LIB] A lesson to be learnt from the britannica site?

Hanan Cohen hanan at qglibrary.org.il
Wed Nov 24 13:50:33 EST 1999

Hanan Cohen wrote:

> I think there is a lesson to be learnt here, but being a non-librarian I am not sure what it is.

This thread developed into (almost exlusivly) a domain name discussion.
What I was thinking is that our readers and computer sometimes find it
hard to find online information because of bad spelling.

If someone comes to you and asks for information about a plant with a
Latin name, it is sometimes impossible to find it if you don't know the
correct spelling.

I wander if we have ways to help people find information using "sound
alike" tools or other means that I don't know of.

Is there a "dictionary" of all possible spellings to any word in a
language?

--
Hanan Cohen

Qiriat Gat Library - http://www.qglibrary.org.il