Postcards and IIS

rpage at okstate.edu rpage at okstate.edu
Wed Nov 24 12:19:25 EST 1999

Hi! One of my librarians has asked us to implement a "postcards" function,
similar to what she found at the Smithsonian Institution Libraries site
(http://www.sil.si.edu/card.html). I've been hunting around, but haven't
found anything specifically called "postcard" functionality (CGI, EXE,
etc.).

Has anyone implemented this type of function, in a secure (especially from
spammers) manner, using MS IIS4 on NT? If so, I would be very interested in
how you did it and what you used.

BTW, I did send this question to the Smithsonian, but their form for
contacting the Webmaster indicated that it could be several weeks or months
before I receive any sort of response.

Thank you,
     Richard

 Richard M. Page                              | Voice      (405) 744-5347
 Library Systems Department                   | Fax        (405) 744-7579
 224A Library, Oklahoma State University      |
 Stillwater, OK 74078-1070                    | E-Mail: rpage at okstate.edu