[WEB4LIB] Re: Netscape problem

David Merchant merchant at bayou.com
Wed Nov 24 09:29:44 EST 1999

> >Has anyone had a problem with Netscape Communicator 4.x suddenly refusing
> >to respond to mouse clicks on hyperlinks?  We frequently have this problem

Have that problem at home occasionally, but I really haven't had that
experience with the public stations (20 of them) or the electronic
classroom (13) here at work.  But then I have 3.04 installed on them
<grin>.  I know, old browser technology, but so far they suffice and have
had so little problems with them (very little), a smaller program than the
4.0's, etc.  We use IKIOSK and WinU4.  We are thinking of upgrading to
Netscape 4.08 (4.5 is too buggy, I've been playing with 4.7 on one of my
computers at my desk, so far no problems), as the vendors are moving toward
designs that will begin to make using 3.04 problematic, but we probably
won't go to IE any time soon.  We're still largely a Netscape campus
(staff, faculty and students alike).

TTFN,
David
Systems Librarian, Louisiana Tech University
Javascript list administrator <www.mountaindragon.com/javascript/>
Merchant's Encyclopedia of HTML <www.mountaindragon.com/html/>
Personal Page <www.mountaindragon.com/merchant/>