[WEB4LIB] Using NT for security

Jay Frantz jay at ccpl.ci.corpus-christi.tx.us
Tue Nov 23 20:05:45 EST 1999

Well, here's one suggestion that I can make for you. We are in the exact
same situation as you have outlined. I would recommend that you purchase
at least one NT Server license in order that you can administer your
workstations effectively. Policy editing can be done on the NT Server, and
you only need to edit it once because you can administer a work group
through NT Server. This certainly saves having to go to each machine
(depending on how many you may have--we have 60).

We came up with our own menu on the desktop (restricts them to the only
the applications that allow).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jay H. Frantz,