[WEB4LIB] Re: Netscape problem

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Tue Nov 23 14:16:56 EST 1999

At 10:51 AM 11/23/99 -0800, Andrew I. Mutch wrote:
>I should have been a little more clear on that point.  I think part of the
>problem may be with the security software [Fortress, Winselect, WinU,etc.]
>-- Netscape seems to get hung up by the software - I can't be more
>specific than that because I'm not sure how the specifics of each product
>work but they do seem to interfere with Netscape in some small way that
>leads to this behavior.

Maybe, maybe not.  When I reported that various users were reporting this
same problem, I didn't make clear that most of them were NOT on public
workstations secured with WinSelect.  Most of them were from staff on
pretty strong Win98 machines.  And most from folks who don't tend to have
multiple applications open at once.

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165