[WEB4LIB] Netscape problem

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Tue Nov 23 12:45:41 EST 1999

At 09:28 AM 11/23/99 -0800, Peter Jorgensen wrote:
>Has anyone had a problem with Netscape Communicator 4.x suddenly refusing
>to respond to mouse clicks on hyperlinks?  We frequently have this problem
>on a number of our computers, both public and staff PCs, some using
>Windows 95 and some using Windows 98.  Everything will be going along
>fine, and then suddenly clicking on hyperlinks does nothing, although
>it's still possible to enter URLs in the address bar and jump to them
>that way.  Exiting and restarting Netscape does not clear up the problem
>-- we have to restart Windows.

I too have had such reports from a number of users, including some fairly
savvy ones.  I'd been tempted to brush it off, but there have been just too
many such complaints here.  Again, a reason our people are gradually
migrating to IE.

(NOTE:  We're not forcing anyone to change, we'll continue to support both
browsers, and we'll "always" (whatever that means these days) have some
public machines with both browsers.  Any of these changes happen as we're
doing new machines or otherwise working on them.  This isn't a project.)

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165