[WEB4LIB] Re: Lynx question

josh at saratoga.lib.ny.us josh at saratoga.lib.ny.us
Mon Nov 22 12:29:40 EST 1999

> > Since I am not a Lynx user, I claim total ignorance:
> >
> > How well does Lynx handle frames and Java script?
>
> It doesn't.  They say text only and they meant it.  :)

The version I'm currently using will display frames as follows:

FRAME: menu
FRAME: right

Since it's a text browser I could simply cut and pastes into this
message. Select eithe frame as you would a link. I'm using the version
that came with RedHat about 3 months ago which is 2.8.1 release 2. I
need to get an upgrade to handle https.  I don't know about Java or JavaScript. If you tell me a site I'll check it out.

Josh Kuperman                       josh at saratoga.lib.ny.us
Saratoga Springs Public Library     phone (518) 584-7860 x 211
49 Henry St                         fax   (518) 584-7866
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866