[WEB4LIB] Lynx question

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Mon Nov 22 12:13:21 EST 1999

> Since I am not a Lynx user, I claim total ignorance:

There's a Win32 version of it available from
<URL:http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm>.  So if you have
Win[9x|NT], now you can't claim total ignorance. :-)

> How well does Lynx handle frames and Java script?

When presented with a frameset, Lynx renders a page showing separate links
to each frame, using the <FRAME> element's title attribute (which you
always use, right?), followed by the <NOFRAMES> element (which you also
aways use for something more than "Get a frames-capable browser"?)

Lynx does not process JavaScript, correctly displaying instead the
contents of any <NOSCRIPT> element.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu