A viable answer to the book jacket permissions issue

Barbara Brattin bbrattin at wnpl.alibrary.com
Fri Nov 19 17:13:48 EST 1999

Thanks to everyone for their responses to my posting concerning book jacket
permissions. One of the respondents, Andrew Albanese, was able to sort this
issue out through professional contacts within publishing houses. Andrew is
a reporter/contributing editor contributing regularly to the LJ academic
newswire and encourages everyone with news or an issue that needs checked
out to contact him at aalbanese at cahners.com. I highly recommend him- he
came up with a perfect solution to my problem. Andrew has given me
permission to post the solution to the book jacket permissions problem.
Thank you, Andrew, from Warren-Newport, and all other libraries that have
been puzzled by this problem! Here's Andrew's solution:

Hi Barbara.  This all sounded so strange to me, especially as a former