should the library webmaster be a librarian?

Mary Beth Faccioli libmef at langate.gsu.edu
Fri Nov 19 12:36:53 EST 1999

Greetings all,
I'm fairly new to the list, and have searched the archive for posts on
this topic, coming up short.  I am interested in opinions regarding
library webmaster/web manager positions.  Do you feel these individuals
ought to be MLS holders or might it be appropriate to have a
paraprofessional in this kind of position?  Also, as webmaster/web
managers, are you contributing a whole lot of content/authoring to your
library's pages, are are your professional staff providing
content/authoring, with you handling more technical aspects of creating
your sites?  And are any of you just web folk, or do most of you handle
additional professional responsibilities, like library instruction,
reference, systems management, etc.

Thanks,
Mary Beth Faccioli
Library Associate, Reference Collection Assistant
Georgia State University Pullen Library
libmef at langate.gsu.edu